- This event has passed.
Webinar: Empower To Heal: Afrocentric and Gender Affirming Approaches To Breast Health Care, hosted by NAHSE CT
March 21 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- To develop an educational and interactive 1-hour program that centers on an Afrocentric + Gender-Affirming Approach to Breast Health Care that provides a different perspective on strategies to eliminate disparities in breast health outcomes among Black people.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe contributory factors to disparities in breast health outcomes in the state of CT
- Describe major advancements made in clinical research to meet the care gap in treating triple negative breast cancer
- Identify persisting barriers to access to receiving appropriate breast health care amongst individuals living in historically underrepresented communities and/or with a low-income
- Identify key culturally competent and gender-affirming approaches to engaging individuals in conversations about their breast health care concerns
- Identify at least one key advocacy issue on the legislative agenda related to breast health care
This event is sponsored by NEPHTC & YSPH, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 1 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Provider id #1131137. This program will also be valued at 1.0 credit of Qualified Education granted by the American College of Healthcare Executives.