ACHE of Massachusetts highlights Lawrence General Hospital Leadership and overall team for their outreach to the community and their commitment to educating the community on the importance of the COVID vaccine.
In March a media event was held at Valebrook Apartments in Lawrence. Mayor Kendrys Vasquez and Deborah J. Wilson, President and CEO of Lawrence General announced a new mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinic. Powered by the team at Lawrence General, the new mobile health unit is hitting the road in Lawrence to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to up to 100 eligible Lawrence residents per day at locations throughout Lawrence.
Here are a couple highlights of the work the LGH team has done in the past two months:
- LGH Mobile Health Unit (Meeting Vulnerable Groups in the Community of Lawrence where they are) There are no appointments needed for the vaccine on our mobile unit.
- South Lawrence East Elementary School Vaccine Clinic (Over 1600 vaccines a day)
- DEI Program officer Virgilio Velez partnering with GLFHC for Q&A sessions with community groups.
- LGH Internet “Facebook Page” LGH and GLFHC (Staff videos on vaccine safety) Spanish and English.
- LGH Call Center hotline number in Spanish and English for COVID vaccine Appointments.
- Faith Based Community engagement “Amedal Pastors Association” (Providing access directly to communities of Color in Lawrence Ma)
- LGH working with the Director of Human Services in Lawrence Ma Martha Velez in providing daily exclusive number of vaccines. Patients booked through Elders Services and the City Affiliates in either Spanish or English.
- “El Mundo”( Marketing initiative) COVID 19 vaccine investment to reach the community in efforts to increase access to the vaccine and information on the vaccine.
- “Radio Catolica 98.1 FM in Lawrence” A faith-based radio show which the DEI Program officer joined in efforts to share information on access to the vaccine and address benefits to getting vaccinated. This is a Spanish Speaking Radio Station.
We applaud LGH for their community commitment and for allowing us to share their story- thank you!